Saturday, September 12, 2009

Overindulgence

We went to two different places to eat last night. Both were over the top in calories and goodness. We went to the favorite pizza place in our neighborhood. We had never been since Michael isn't much of a pizza fan. Plus, he gets a lot of it at work. Pizza Palace was impossibly crowded and we couldn't find a parking place so we did what my son-in-law T always recommends, we had dessert first. We went to the place next door which was opened recently by a co-worker of Michael's. We had been one other time and were absolutely amazed at how good the ice cream was. He makes it right there and it also has what they call mash-ins like the Marble Slab. The first time I went I had pear. This time I had peanut butter. Amazingly good. We talked to Carl and of course Michael wanted to know all about the ice cream making process.

Then we went to the Pizza Palace. We found out that you shouldn't order pepperoni or sausage. Just plain pizza. It comes out much faster. It was absolutely delicious Silician square-cut pizza. I cannot even imagine how many calories it had per slice.

We won't be going to either place very often. We are really trying to be good and stick with our healthy diets. I have lost five pounds which I would really like to keep off. I have a closetful of clothes that don't fit when I weigh five pounds more than I do now. But it's awesome to know they're both there. The ultra-fabulous thing about the Back Mountain Creamery is that they won't close this month. Rita's and all the soft ice cream places like Dairy Queen shut up for the winter. It's very discouraging. Good to know that I can now take care of an ice cream need even in wintertime.

No comments: