Wednesday, May 12, 2010

We're off

I just put my Etsy shop on vacation, something I haven't done since it opened it last fall. I really hate to do it. I can't afford the loss of sales. But it wouldn't be fair to keep it open and make people wait as much as two weeks to get their item shipped.

I think I've remembered everything. Packing for Europe sounds easy when you're going to visit family, but it's still tough. You'd think I'd have this down to a science by now. I have a standard packing list that I print out for trips like this. And the only things we have to have are our passports and tickets. But having the right clothes to wear, the right glasses, the right shoes, and the right camera stuff is very important. And the weather isn't going to smile on us. Rain is predicted for the next week. So we'll need raincoats , umbrellas and waterproof shoes. If I lived in sunny Texas, this might bother me, but it's 44 degrees outside right now, so 60 degree temps will be refreshingly warm to me.

I found my own picture of sgraffito. What's amazing is that this isn't just old stuff. You see people working on the plaster all over town when the weather is nice. There must be a lot of people who still know how to do this.

I'll have lots of cool pictures to post when I return.

No comments: