Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Adieu to Prague and the Czech Republic


It has been difficult having my daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren so far away in Prague. But graciously, the past two summers, MF spent a long vacation with us which we greatly appreciated. As happy as I am to have her coming home so that at least all my children live in the same country (as vast as it it), I was sad to think that we might never return to Prague. We'd love to go back but don't know if it will ever happen. A few more photos to show why Prague and the Czech Republic will live on forever in my heart. It's no wonder Czech immigrants to America clung so dearly to their culture.

The fountain is in the castle gardens at Cesky Krumlov. The astronomical clock is one of the biggest tourist draws in the Old Town Square. On the hour, huge crowds assemble to see the apostles come out. Czech modern style extended into the subway. These gorgeous metal tiles lined the subway stations with the different stations color coded. Lastly, Czechs love fruit and I think they display it better than anyone.
So as the sun sets  in the West, we bid adieu to the beautiful city of Prague.

No comments: