Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

This is my dad's dad. He was born in the county where I now live. He left school in eighth grade to go to work as a printer's devil right here in Luzerne County, PA. He worked very hard and learned all he could. He built up his own business and supported a large family as well as serve the community as a lifelong Kiwanian and as a school board president. He was a man of great personal integrity, intelligence and wisdom.

If a man has a desire to be a good dad, he can learn. But the ones who have the easiest job are the ones who had good dads themselves. That's the greatest gift a man can pass on. In that, Michael was blessed and my brothers are too. One day  I'm hoping my son will have the opportunity to be a great dad too.

So Happy Father's Day to all those dads out there who make my family great!

No comments: