Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Momma's birthday

We had a lovely time in Texas and Louisiana. This is a photo of my mom who was celebrating her 90th birthday and her "baby" brother who is in his 80s.

A great time was had by all. All of her children, four of her grandchildren and three great-grandchildren made it. Her brother, a son and daughter-in-law and some very close friends made it a special day. Two of the grandkids made a special trip to see her before the party since they couldn't make the actual day.

MF brought her three little ones to the party and they were really, really good. I was happy since three of my children were there. And nothing makes me happier than being around my own kids.

 I was worried about the weather since it was in the 100s the whole time. But I'd forgotten how protected you are in Texas and Louisiana. You basically go from air conditioned car to air conditioned mall or supermarket and then back again to your air conditioned house.

I keep asking myself why I live in Pennsylvania since so many of the people I love are in Texas and Louisiana. It's a good question to ask and we certainly have plans to go back "home" after Michael retires.
  We also got to visit MF and family and see our two other children in Texas. Our son threw us a small party at his house so that we could visit with some old friends. And we also attended the church congregation we used to belong to in Denton. Ward boundaries have changed a lot but we saw many people we knew from old Denton days.
Morgan's pool was a lot of fun. The kids have specialty dives including "the Egyptian", "the Pencil" and "the Princess." Too cute!

Glad to be home though as there is much to do here and a Pennsylvania summer is something everyone should be able to experience at least once.

1 comment:

swill456 said...

Your mother is absolutely beautiful! We were glad to be invited to see you at your son's house. That was so sweet of him.