Friday, August 21, 2009

Sun and fun

I am having fun both with the daughter's family of seven and the glorious sun in Utah. Yesterday it was 91 and because of low humidity so beautiful.

The kids are charming and I've had the opportunity to watch my daughter start up home school for the first time. It's an interesting process.

Not much time to blog but it is fascinating to realize how different this place is from Pennsylvania. To go from an area where the church has so very few members to a land where there's a church building on every block was radical. Denton, Texas is somewhere in the middle with a strong Latter-day Saint presence.

Random coincidence: our wonderful friends, Carol and Steve Harlos, were here in Utah as well and GL and I got to go see their son Jonathan's senior project in graphic design. I was so very happy to see them.

No comments: