Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggety jog



It was a great trip and I'm exhausted. Even though I had just one five-hour flight, I left at about 7:30 AM MDT and got here at 8:30 PM EDT. That's eleven hours travel time. Security lines can be really long at the Salt Lake airport so you just can't sneak in at the last minute. No meals included in this trek so after a day of trail mix and pretzels, I was glad to get home even though the fridge was rawther empty. Even though I was tired, I did listen to all the phone messages as my mailbox was full.

I don't put identifiable pictures of the grandkids on the blog but here are a few choice ones that I thought my readers would enjoy. The three older kids are planning their escape. They decided to practice fire drills by jumping on my bed, climbing into the two-year-old's crib and out the window. This went on for quite a long while. The other shot is the two-year-old wading in a reflecting pool at a local park.

It was a busy, busy time in Utah. I went to the Provo Temple, visited with some old friends, saw a senior project presentation, ate Mexican tacos al pastor (including cabrito), bought pastries for everyone at the authentic French bakery in Provo and bought lots and lots of books at the busiest library book sale I've ever seen. And, of course, spent many hours playing with the grandkids.

I'm making baby steps in the right direction in my writing career so am pleased about that. I just got two article assignments from a children's magazine editor. The next big hurdle is to get my book proposal ready.

No comments: