Monday, April 5, 2010

Where is the tooth fairy when I need him?

Is there anything more amazing than a daffodil? What is it about them? The long wait during winter for something spring-y and pretty? That perfect center trumpet part? The way they stand up so erect and separate from the greenery around them? Don't know, but I love them and they are all blooming all over our yard.

As for the tooth fairy, hm-m-m-m. So I've been dealing with a very sore tooth for days. The dentist had told me to pump up on ibuprofren and I had done my best. I went in today because things just weren't going well. Seems that the tooth had raised up some because of inflammation underneath it and so I was hitting on it. It was so sore. He started to adjust my bite and then said, "What do you feel in there now?"

What I felt was a big fat hole in my tooth. What to my tongue seemed like an enormous chunk had broken off as he was drilling down my old filling. Nice. He swears that it's not an issue and that that part of the tooth would have come off anyway when they do the crown in a week or so. But there's nothing like feeling with  your tongue and finding nothing but air.

So I am feeling much better today. But you know, pain sort of wears you down. I'm really tired and I guess I probably haven't been sleeping well. I'm fairly used to headache pain but tooth pain is just as wearing. I can concentrate a lot better with an aching tooth than with an aching head, but pain free is just  the way to be IMHO.

I got to do two fun things today. Both required trips out in the glorious 75 degree weather. I shipped a really nice present to my oldest girl for her birthday. (At least I hope she thinks it's nice.) And I got to pick out stuff for my granddaughter's 8th birthday.

I also got (yay!) a winning Priceline bid for the Provo Residence Inn so all the troops will be able to enjoy swimming in the indoor pool while I'm there. Michael doesn't get to go this trip (still building the cafeteria at work) but we've stayed there before. Seth took the tour of the grounds and the laundry ladies gave him the tour of the whole laundry. Pretty cool. Also, Catherine opened up the fridge in our room and in shock and dismay said, "You have ZERO food!" I will make sure there's food in that fridge as soon as possible. Don't want to damage any more of my grandchildren's psyches.

1 comment:

Georgia and David said...

the kids are really looking forward to your arrival!