Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Some days are just better than others

Some days are just better than others. I think we all agree on that. So here's my day today. The endodontist moved up my appointment for my very first root canal. So it's today instead of next week. Fun, fun, fun. And to cap that (excuse my pun), it's sleeting. Yes, indeedy. March 30th and my car is covered with ice. Even though weather.com says it's raining in my zipcode, the radar shows a tiny pocket of ice and it must be stuck over my house. So I'm counting the minutes until I can dress warmly, scrape off my car and go have my teeth drilled. And as I wait, I'm listening to the rhythm of the falling sleet and the rumble of the snowplow which sounds like a giant skateboard going down my street. It makes it a tad difficult to concentrate on my writing.

There's always an upside. This tooth has been sensitive for a while. I've cracked it, probably grinding my teeth when I had migraines. (Isn't it bad enough that I have to have migraines?) So it will feel better if not today then tomorrow. And I can always think about one of my darlings having fun in Paris as we speak, and another having the time of his life preparing a race car, and another basking in the glory of her recent accomplishments and awards and another one getting hugs and kisses from her wee ones as she homeschools them. Some days vicarious enjoyment is all you get.

No comments: