Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I love my pattern shop

I think I've said this already. I do love my pattern shop. Here's my new banner that my brilliant daughter made for me:


Isn't that the cutest thing? I had this dress in green in the sixties. It was actually an Easter dress. And it's my granddaughter V's favorite color: owange. She came to our house a long time ago and was just learning to point out colors. She just walked around the house saying "owange...mo owange"

Also, I ask my pattern buyers to send me photos of their finished projects and finally someone took me up on it. She used one of my patterns to make costumes for a high production of "Annie." First the original pattern and then the two she made from it. She did a fabulous job. Firstly, she did a wonderful job altering the pattern to add the puffed sleeves and changing the pleats on the skirt. Second, they're beautifully made. Those gathers in the puffed sleeves? Not easy folks. Neither are those sharp pleats and the perfect middy braid placement.



I love my job.

No comments: