Saturday, May 30, 2009

Me and Monet





First shot is Rita's. It's the most amazing ice and frozen custard imaginable. Michael had cherry ice and I had vanilla custard with hot caramel. Very nice. The yard looks great with all our iris by the road. We have lots of different colors. The bearded ones which are lilac and purple are beautiful this year. Michael took his life in his hands to get the flower pictures. Behind the photographer is a blind curve and people whiz by very fast.

I feel very Monet-ish since we have more iris than the rest of the folks in the neighborhood. Our town is a riot of color right now. The rhododendrons are blooming as well as iris, flags and even some late tulips. Our poppies are going to be good this year as they have lots of enormous buds and the daisies, roses and mums are still to come.

My back continues to improve which is good news. I have a big Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators meeting in Bethlehem, PA on Tuesday and I want to feel good for that. I get to meet three children's book editors. Imagine! My big project right now is a nonfiction book related to brass band music. Wonder why I'm interested in that? Could it be the continual tuba playing at my house? I wonder. Michael has a concert with the Liberty Band of Hazleton in a church tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: