Sunday, August 8, 2010

The New Monitor Times Two

I had to share this picture story. Be sure and click on it to see all the details. It was a little large for my scanner but I think you'll get the idea.

I found a set of Dick and Jane pre-primers at an estate sale a while ago. And I've been seeing on Etsy an artist who makes cute collages out of photos like these. Her shop is named Cabin. So I offered them to her as a special order and she decided she wanted them. So off they go. But I did dearly love looking at them.

Now about the monitor. My computer has been lousy lately. Freezes all the time. Programs not responding. Long time booting up. Can't even turn it off sometimes. And the display. All flicker-y and annoying. Come to find out a big part of the problem was the monitor which has just given out. Blackness and void. That's all I could get on Friday. So Michael and I went to Best Buy to look around and by a fluke managed to get a 22" inch LG monitor for 150 bucks. Long but boring story. Anyways, we get the thing home and it's fabulous. The computer is running much better (it's still not fixed but we're saving that adventure for next week) and the picture is awesome. But the monitor has one dead pixel. A tiny green dot that annoyingly stayed lit all the time. So we packed up the enormous thing (which weighs almost nothing though) and back to Best Buy we went on Saturday. The good news is that the new monitor is working great. The bad news is that the computer is still sick.

I did a few estate sales on Saturday even though I'm overstocked. I found this: A sixties cotton number that stops traffic. I pulled it out of the car to show Michael and a lady walking by with her son backed up and turned around to come look at it. It really is cute.

And then today a friend who goes to auctions and looks for stuff for me sold me a box of stuff (nothing like doing business on a Sunday in the church parking lot) including old fabric, aprons and sunbonnets. Very old stuff. So I'm really overstocked now.

The best news is that my middle grade novel has a really rough first draft finished. Fun! Now once I get a solid rewrite I am truly sending this thing out. I think this may be the book that will finally get me published.

No comments: