Sunday, August 15, 2010

That Was the Week That Was

Several things have happened this week. One, and probably most importantly, I am gainfully employed. Just a part-time job, but it's a start. I'll be teaching an English class as an adjust professor at Luzerne County Community College. Should be fun. It will be good to get back to teaching again.

Secondly, I managed to get off a packet that will be critiqued at the next SCBWI conference in Philly. My middle grade novel is on its way.

Thirdly, I decided that if I sold vintage patterns and vintage fabric, I should try to make something myself. This is an early 1960s blouse pattern, old sizing. I think it came out well.

I'm sure many other things happened this week, but those are the biggies that come to mind.

No matter what the week may bring, some things never change. Every single day: I miss my children, I miss my grandchildren, I miss my parents, I miss my sons-in-law, I miss Texas, I wish my house were better organized. On the other hand, every single day: I love the beautiful place we live in, I listen to or play beautiful music, I read something amazing, I write something. A very good life, in fact.

No comments: