Sunday, February 20, 2011

My car is a popsicle

So my car has been a popsicle since about Thanksgiving. That's it in front of the garage. Why isn't it in the garage? Long story.

Michael decided when we moved up here that we should never drive the Happy Car (my red Miata) on the salted roads. The first year we found a happy storage space for it and it was great. It lived in a storage facility for the winter months and Michael visited it from time to time. But for some reason the past two years, it has just had to tough it out in the open air. I guess we didn't get it stored before the first salt went down and then we were stuck. So I drive the Subaru if Michael doesn't need it. His Miata just can't do deep snow and we know it's not very safe in icy conditions. So lately, he's needed the Subaru a lot. The Subaru is officially known as "my car." It's the only one of the five that is actually in my name. (Yes, you heard right --five.) You'd think that my red Miata which was an anniversary present quite a few years ago would be in my name but that's another long story.

So, even though we have almost a half a dozen vehicles (rather a low number by our standards), there's often none of them available for me to drive. There you go. I actually don't mind being stranded. I like working at home. I like walking around in the neighborhood. I like not having to go teach somewhere.

The latest acquisition and vehicle number five is a Studebaker pickup which I have been promised will not live in our yard. We already have a yard sculpture in the form of a black Lexus. A third long story. (We have an infinite number of long stories at our house.)

I'm hoping spring will clear the air and get some of these vehicles on the road. I'd love to make some of these long stories short.

No comments: