Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Getting Excited

We're leaving tomorrow for the vacation of my dreams. My daughter Naomi's quilt will be part of an international exhibition which opens this weekend. Not only do I get to spend a lot of time with Michael away from our jobs, but I get to see my darling oldest child be praised for the great talent she is. And I get to see a lot of art. Not only are we going to the art quilt opening, but we also get to go to the awards ceremony and banquet.

After we've seen the exhibit, we're pushing on to see one of the things on my life's bucket list, Fallingwater by Frank Lloyd Wright. We'll spend a few quiet days in Southwestern Pennsylvania soaking up history and architecture and then back home.

The only little bitty downside is that the iris and the rhododendrons in our yard are starting to bloom. We have a whole bank of iris in our front yard. It's my favorite flower. We missed them last year as we were in Europe when they bloomed. I'm hoping they'll still look good when we return.

Here's what they looked like in 2009 in case I miss them again.

No comments: