Friday, May 13, 2011

Wait here for the present

"Wait here for the present." The picture of Ramona Quimby sitting all day on her first day of school waiting for the present always makes me laugh.
I like making things. I always have. And so holidays give me an ideal chance to give a handmade gift. Here are a couple that I made recently. Mom's pennant is made from vintage handkerchiefs. I just lucked out and found one with the monogram "J" for Jones in my estate sale hunting. The dress is from a piece of vintage fabric I was given and a vintage mail order pattern I fell in love with. This was granddaughter J's gift for her 4th birthday.
 And a couple of pix of Michael and me on Mother's Day with the gorgeous Calla lilies he gave me. He also got me a lovely planter full of dark purple geraniums to hang outside my kitchen window. In addition to phone calls I also received a beautiful coffee table pop-up book of flower bouquets. And, since this is Pennsylvania, the entire yard was in bloom for Mother's Day. Lilacs, cherry trees, narcissus, and the lilies of the valleys just waiting to open up. Sweet!


No comments: