Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

What more can I say than to wish my mom a lovely and happy Mother's Day?

She has always been one of those "go the extra mile" moms and I'm grateful. She created a lovely home for us, she fed us, clothed us and was our best cheerleader. There is no end to her talents. She is a font of knowledge. I am constantly amazed at things that pop into my head that only my mom could have taught me. And she's been a listening ear for more years than I want to count.

And although you would never guess from the photo, she's coming up on her 90th birthday. That's a lot of years of good mothering and grandmothering. And as all moms of adult children know, the mommy job never ends.

So have a happy day, Mom. And a happy and blessed day to all moms as well. But I wish an especially happy day to my little girls who have a houseful of small children. Every day is Mother's Day for them.

No comments: