Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ductless A/C



I did say that I wouldn't post pictures of my grandchildren on this blog. I am posting these because you wouldn't be able to identify them from either of these pictures. Michael took the one at the lake. V loved throwing rocks in the water. I took the other of M trying out his new Cars rainboots on a dewy morning.

I had an estimator come out today to talk about air conditioning for the house. This seems really futile today since I'm wearing a jacket indoors because I was getting so cold. It was 44 this morning. But everyone tells me that this is an unusual August and that it's usually quite warm. Here they have something called ductless air conditioning. They punch a hole in your house and put in wall unit inside and then wire it outside the house to the actual a/c unit on the ground. Hoses take the accumulated water out of the air and down the side of the house. It won't get your house down to anything like 68 degrees but it will keep it comfortable and remove the humidity from the air. In order to get traditional central air we would have to give up the attic bedroom for overhead ducts and then use the closets for ducts to get the air downstairs. No way! I don't have enough closets as it is!

Off to run errands. A lot of problems got put off while the kids were here and one of them was Michael's almost total lack of good work clothing. This is a great time for sales so I'm off to buy slacks and shirts. He'll pick what he likes and then I'll return the rest. Should be fun.

No comments: