Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rita's

I finally got to go to Rita's. My son had raved about this ice cream chain when he was on his mission up here in PA and Delaware. He talked about "water ice." What a weird name!

But wow! I had what they call gelati. It's not anything like gelato actually. It's Italian ice layered with frozen custard. I had wild black cherry ice that had little chunks of real fruit in it mixed in with vanilla custard. Very, very good. I had it on my cheat day. The cheat day is an essential part of a diet for me. If I don't cheat once a week, my body can learn to live on about 1200 calories a day. Painful! But the cheat day gets my metabolism going again. I also used the cheat day for the library luncheon I went to. The luncheon was very interesting and will appear tomorrow on my writing blog.

So I'm looking forward to going to Rita's again. There's one in Kingston which is only about ten minutes away. Literally and figuratively cool!

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Hope you're ready for some Rita's when we get there! The water ice is just lovely.

Susan said...

Absolutely. And the Kingston one is only about ten minutes from here. Plus, it's just minutes from the new riverside park that will open on June 19th.