Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Prices slashed!

Now that I am officially grounded and couldn't fly anywhere without begging people to push me in a wheelchair around assorted airports, I have been getting email updates from all my fave travel websites about prices to Dallas, Salt Lake City and Prague. Why they keep sending me prices to just those cities, I cannot fully explain.

Yesterday's recession bargain basement prices were nothing short of amazing. EWR (that's Newark for those of you who don't live a short two and a half hour drive from a New Jersey airport) to SLC for only $2.18. That's right! Only $2.18 to fly to see my grandchildren and the website is advertising no booking fees. That saves me an additional five bucks. They're also offering $2.38 flights from EWR to DFW. My boy lives there and it's that close to my Texas girl and my folks. These prices truly are hard to pass up and yet, I must. Since I only have to stand for 30 seconds for rivulets of fire to start running down my leg, I don't think flying is in my immediate future.

The sad thing about this little April Fool's post is that the prices are real if you multiply them by 100. Ah, cruel fate!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thanks for reading and commenting! A blog is a weird thing. You send out your thoughts and don't really know who's picking them up. I checked out your blog about large pets. My daughter's Maine Coon had a long and happy life and was a very important part of our family.