Saturday, March 28, 2009

Signed puck and other news




Here's the signed puck that our friend, the referee, gave us. What a hoot! It's sitting in a place of honor in my bookshelf alongside my mini-Asterix, my French troll and my baby troll. (My Cajun troll, Mr. Polycarp, and Obelix are on another shelf.) I really enjoyed my job as a schoolteacher some days. Kids loved my trolls and my Mardi Gras beads and my stuffed animals. I think the two squeaky dinosaurs, Abelard and Heloise, were general faves.

It was pretty enough yesterday to get out and do stuff without a coat. And the Relief Society sisters put on an amazing party last night. I posted the invitation a few blogs ago. It was the girliest room you ever saw with decorated cupcakes, tiny pink paper hearts and pink balloons everywhere. It was supposed to be an unbirthday party for all of us. It was awesome. Even finger sandwiches. What is it about finger sandwiches? I adore them.

Tonight we go to see Man of La Mancha at the Little Theater. We may not be able to travel because of Michael's work schedule and my bad leg, but at least we're doing some cool things. And one of Michael's fellow managers is in the production along with his boys. I'll let you know how it comes out. And that's another thing I miss about Denton. The high school productions were better than most professional plays. It's been a year and the pros and cons of living here versus there are really coming into focus. I feel a big blog post coming on as my anniversary nears.

No comments: