Saturday, March 14, 2009

The NEPA Philharmonic

We're going to the symphony tonight at the Kirby Center. I've not been there before. I'm excited about the program. It's called Mozart in Paris. This is as close as I'm gonna get to Paris this spring so I'm hoping it's great.

The Reubens didn't get eaten until last night so the guacamole and the German food were separate meals. Probably just as well. Michael just went to see a friend's pig cooker today. He says it's held a 350 pound pig but that the one they're doing today is only 175 pounds or so. Interesting. I guess Pennsylvania guys are just as excited about a festival of meat as Texas guys are.

I applied for two different teaching positions today. I probably won't get all my recommendation letters in time for one of them and the other is a total shot in the dark. But I can keep trying. There are any number of colleges around here. Don't know if the nepotism system works as efficiently at the university level as they say it does in the public schools around here. I would certainly hope not.

Family-wise, we talked to my Prague daughter for an hour this morning and got to see little E smile and gurgle at us. I also talked to my folks, GL, and her husband DS, and ZL this week. It's nice and comforting to hear people's voices. Plus, GL posted new pictures of her baby girl and her youngest boy. Pictures of my grandkids make me both happy and sad. Sad because I realize how much I'm missing. But the happy always wins out so please keep posting them.

No comments: