Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Future Spelling Bee Champ



In our house, spelling bees were just something the kids did well. We had quite a run, in fact. I was reminded of spelling bees the other day when I saw this photo in the paper. It is charming that the Times-Leader still publishes kids' birthday pix for free. I figure that if this cute little number manages to spell her name by the end of kindergarten, she's got a career in the spelling world. Today in the paper there was a column about the Scripps spelling bee in this area. So she'll have a place to compete.

I went to a job fair today looking to turn in a resume about an adjunct position they're advertising at the local junior college. I found when I got there that the person on hand wasn't an HR person at all, but instead a recruiter for their courses. So I wasted a bit of time. I'll have to just send it in by mail if I decide to go for it. Adjunct positions usually pay very poorly. But I am missing teaching and it would be fun to go back as long as I don't have to be full-time.

No comments: