Sunday, March 8, 2009

200th post


I note that my last post was my 200th. I guess I should celebrate a little! This is a cute invitation to a party at church for the women's organization, the Relief Society. I just got it today and I liked it so much I wanted to share it.

If this is my 201st post, it means I've spent far too much time blogging and far too little time writing for dollars since last April. But that will have to change. I am in the middle of some interesting articles and will be sending out some queries for some magazine articles for children.

The big adventure yesterday was sending Morgan's birthday box. She needed me to send her a swimsuit she had ordered from Land's End. She swears you can get the best-fitting suit from a mail order catalog. And so it was good timing to send her birthday stuff and some Easter stuff at the same time. But it's a big hoop-de-doo. The customs form is quite detailed and the cost of the postage is pretty daunting. She's certainly worth it, but every time I mail her family something, I wistfully think how easy it is to order presents for my other kids via Amazon or some other mail order company here. No need to find a box!

Michael went grocery shopping with me which was a good thing. My leg gave out before I'd finished. We did find corned beef briskets really cheap. Since this is the only time they're on sale all year, we bought a couple. Saint Patrick's Day is right around the corner. They do it up big here with a huge parade in Scranton. Michael's company's float will be covered with Irish Elvises. Needless to say, he chose not to participate! And, I'm sure there will be some kind of raffle. It just goes without saying around here.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Thank you for the box!!!

Susan said...

You can thank me when you actually get it! I'm never sure what will happen when we mail you a box.