Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Birthday Fun



It's been an awesome day!

What a great day it has been! It really started yesterday with Skype calls from my parents and my daughter and her two daughters in the Czech Republic. I've received greetings from friends and former students from around the world, I've opened some lovely presents, Michael bought me flowers, and we had lunch in Bethlehem with my niece, Holly and her husband, Mark. And I've talked to all four of my children, my parents and my brother and nephew on the phone. The Playmobil guy was standing in front of a toy store in Bethlehem and I couldn't resist.

Lunch was especially nice. It was great to get to know Holly's new husband, Mark, better. And visiting with Holly makes any day a good one. We were somewhat early getting to Bethlehem for lunch so we visited the Moravian Bookstore. I had read much about it on the Internet. It is a truly wonderful independent bookstore. The restaurant was called Mama Nina Foccaceria and it's on Main Street.  The food was very delicious and out of the common way. I had a crab cake on a bed of spinach in a red cream sauce with scallops and shrimp. Very, very nice.

We came home after lunch and for the rest of the day I've been enjoying telephone calls. No wonder I decided to have more than one birthday! They're fun!




No comments: