Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Why I'm Having More Than One Birthday This Year

1. I just thought it was a good idea.
2. I've had a few memorably bad ones (the funeral of JFK comes to mind) that I need to make up for.

3. I've spent a lot of birthdays over the years either preparing or cooking or eating leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner.
4. I've missed a few to headaches.
5. I don't have any of my children with me on my real birthday this year.
6. I can't have my favorite German Chocolate cake any more so I must deserve some other kind of reward.
7. It's been a long year.
8. Having just one birthday puts too much pressure on the day.
9. I've spent many of my birthdays with my inlaws because we were there for Thanksgiving. Not that they weren't wonderful, but...
10. I'm worth it. 
I'm thinking a half a dozen this year. I've already had one of them. I treated myself to a day at JoAn's Fabrics on Friday. I had coupons and the Vogue patterns were on sale for 3.99 each. I spent hours there and bought six gorgeous Vogue patterns for myself for less than 25 dollars. Then I had lunch at my favorite fast food, Taco Bell, (two crunchy low fat tacos) all by myself and then went to one of my favorite stores, Big Lots. What an awesome day!


I will, of course, celebrate on the real day tomorrow, but I reserve the right to randomly deem any day my birthday I feel like it from now on. These alternate birthdays won't require any effort on anyone else's part. I'll just call them when I have something fun I want to do that I don't want to feel guilty about. I'm feeling rather mortal this birthday and I'm going to start doing some things that I've always wanted to do.

3 comments:

G.~ said...

Hi Susan. Happy Birthday! Life is too short not to celebrate life everyday so have at it! I checked out your blog Writing Buddy and left a comment there also. I love the way you describe Vaisselle.
Gina

Georgia and David said...

Yay for extra birthdays! I'm glad you treated yourself and that your package arrived safely. I hope you like it!

Morgan said...

Happy birthday!