Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mom and Dad and Sidney Poitier



Mom and Dad made the front page of a local Shreveport hospital magazine. It must be a magazine that is adapted for use by many hospital systems as I doubt that Willis-Knighton Hospital in Shreveport landed an interview with Sidney Poitier. It's a really good article about them keeping their home and living in the retirement village most of the week. I am quoted as having said lots of things I don't remember saying. I am always so scrupulous when interviewing. I keep a tape recorder going and listen to my tapes to make sure I don't misquote anyone. Alas, that is not always the case. The file is pretty big so if you click on it you can see Mom and Dad better.

In other news, the writing group I started a few months ago is going well. We had a really good group last night at the Barnes and Nobles downtown Wilkes-Barre. For possible Wilkes-Barre blog readers, the group meets at 7 on the first and third Tuesday of each month.

Also, the Etsy shop is going. I don't make a sale every day now, but enough is coming in to make me want to keep it open. I've already paid my fees for the things I have listed so I wouldn't close it up anyway. I add a few things each day. It's my goal to keep about 100 patterns offered at my store. I'm up to 95, I think. But if I'm going to keep this up, I need to get a new supply of patterns. I've been asking around and have posted an ad on Craigslist so maybe I'll find some more soon.

I'm pretty excited about Thanksgiving. I don't have to cook but will be sharing the day and meal with former Texans. This is a really good thing. I will bring the cornbread dressing.

I also have a birthday coming up. Michael and I talked about a birthday present for me and I told him that putting one more thing into the house might not be the best idea. (Although diamonds take up very little room.) I asked if we could go to Kazimi's for lunch. Even at lunch it's a big splurge for us, but the food is divine. And they make this caramel banana cake for dessert...excuse me while I wipe the drool off the keyboard. He's actually taking the day off for my birthday. He's taken so few days off this year that I am really honored. He said we might even go somewhere. And folks, going somewhere in this part of the US can be pretty exciting. The art museums alone could keep us busy for several years.

No comments: