Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Have your kids buy this book!

So, I'm prophetic. Last year, when my great friend, Bryan, told me about his second book coming out with Henry Holt, I emailed back and said, "Now, all you have to do is get in the Scholastic Book Fair, and you can retire."

So, guess who's in the Scholastic Book Fair this year? Yes, yes, yes! I can see into the future! Bryan's first book, Lunchbox and the Aliens, will be included in Scholastic book fairs all over the country.

I am so excited for him. The plot is simple--a Bassett hound is abducted by aliens and endowed with super human intelligence so that he can provide them with a factory to produce their favorite food, Froonga, which is made from garbage.

So if you know a child who will be attending a book fair, you can highly recommend this very funny book.  If you don't have access to a local Scholastic book fair, you can order the regular edition here at  Amazon or at Barnes and Noble. You can also find Froonga Planet, the second book in the series, at either store.

I wish this blog had a billion readers so that this plug would mean something, but I am just so excited that a good thing happened to a friend.

Michael's birthday is today, but I'll post about that tomorrow. So big congratulations to Bryan and Happy Birthday, Michael.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

That's fantastic! I really like this book, and obviously the Scolastic book fair is a huge promotional gift. Yay!