Saturday, February 13, 2010

Notice anything different?

Notice anything different about the living room? Okay, I know the poinsettia is a weird decoration for Valentine's Day, but ours always last and last and they are red, after all.

But how about that big red box? I wondered if Michael would spot it. Ha, ha. But something strange happened. Those who know the man intimately are aware that he will not shake a box. So he goes right up to this big box and starts to lay hands on it and says, "Can I shake it?" And the answer is no. Because of what it is and the way it's wrapped, it cannot budge from the coffee table until the moment of unwrapping. I figured I wouldn't have to tell him. Then he sticks out his finger and budges it. He absolutely cannot resist messing with it.

So I asked. "Why do you want to shake this one? You never shake packages!" Truly, his Christmas presents stay untouched for weeks.

He says, "It's so big!"

You have to understand that Michael likes big things. He owns the biggest bass tuba ever made. He fell in love with the Big Boy locomotive on display in Scranton. He zeroes in on the basses in a string orchestra.

Now what I have never understood is why he married me. I weighed 85 pounds soaking wet on our wedding day and I top out at 5'2". Maybe it was my big vocabulary?
Publish Post

No comments: