Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Another missed birthday

What's bad about living in PA? You can't bake your son a birthday cake! So he goes cakeless this year unless the restaurant he is going to with some Supra guys provides some. But again, technology saves the day and I got to chat with him between his classes. His dad will call him tonight. Happy birthday, Z!

On the local front, the corruption scandal is spreading like cancer. It's hard to keep up. Not only was the newest accused official siphoning off confiscated illegal gambling funds (a crime to which he has agreed to plead guilty) but he has half his family on the payroll (not a crime but don't you wish it were?).

It was 11 degrees this morning when I checked the temp. It has warmed up to 23 in the bright sunshine. Br-r-r. I am truly grateful to be able to afford our whopping gas bill this month.

2 comments:

Marli said...

That's my oldest son's birthday too. I don't think I could ever adjust to such cold weather after living in Texas my whole life!

Susan said...

Believe me, this isn't bad. Iowa was bad. We both got a degree up there. The university was great but the weather was horrible.