Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Egregious behavior

"Egregious" used to mean "extraordinary" but now it means "extraordinary in a bad way." At last, the media powers-that-be have recognized the egregious behavior attributed to our local judges. According to the Times-Leader this morning, 20/20 is going to do a show on the local scandal. I really thought the idea of getting kickbacks for sending kids to jail was "dethpicable." Evidently the editors of 20/20 agree.

I clipped from the newspaper a recent letter to the editor from Philip E. Galasso of Shickshinny (I still love the town names around here.) He's decided that the county is so corrupt, it should just be parted out to surrounding counties. He says, "Since Wilkes-Barre would no longer be a county seat, what could we do with the courthouse? May I suggest that the building be turned over to the city, gutted and converted to a sewage pumping station?" You gotta love this guy.

On the home front, I did apply for a part-time job yesterday. I figured that if I'm not sending out queries at home, I should be looking for some income outside the house. Not that I'm going to get it. A person I know received 65 resumes for a $10.00-an-hour job he posted recently. Times are certainly tough in Luzerne County.

No comments: