Saturday, January 9, 2010

And now for something completely different


So how many days in your life (not counting when you are a little kid and you might have fifty unique experiences in a day) do you do two things that are completely different from anything you've done before?

Thursday we did two. We went to see that light show in Plymouth, PA. I'm not posting my lousy pictures because the video is much better. You can see it by clicking on the link in my last post. Wow! It was totally and completely mind blowing. I swear I could still see some of the light patterns passing before my eyes as I went to sleep. The nativity plus rock music was a very interesting combo. Some of the tunes were almost quiet but some were downright raucous. Some were classics like Beethoven's Ninth jazzed up. It was real and it was fun. We just drove up and parked in the Family Dollar store lot and there was a sign on the fence that said 99.1. You tuned in and then watched the lights sync with the music. Michael figured it was a radio band with a very limited area. We lost it just a few blocks from the house.

Then we came home and I decided to finally try the Pop Rocks my daughter had given me for Christmas. I had never had them before. My mom loves them but I'd never ventured into the exploding candy territory. They were really fun and good. Michael tried them too for the first time. We wondered why we hadn't tried them when they were new. The package tells all. Thirty years ago we were busy with three wee ones. Just didn't have the time, I guess.

So two unique experiences in one day. And yesterday we saw Avatar for the first time. I may explode from excitement.

2 comments:

Stay Tuned said...

I need to tell you that my tree and decorations are all put away! .....but i still have a wreath on the door and some snowmen in my family room! (I'll keep them around till it doesn't snow anymore!)
I do believe that people still have lights on the street - if they are red, they may leave them til after valentines day! laura :D

Susan said...

Congrats on getting your stuff put away. I drove through Glen Lyon yesterday and there are no lights anywhere there. Hmmm.