Friday, January 22, 2010

I am a writer too

I
I got a letter a day ago from folks asking for my social. And I gladly send it to them. You know you're going to be published when you get the IRS form. Pretty exciting.

I've rethought a few projects and I'm thinking of a book that I think the grandkids might like reading. Michael and I discussed it last night and he thought it might fly. It goes with my original plan to write about time travel but simplifies it quite a lot. And it has twin heroes. I've done a lot of writing about twins--wonder why? (For those not in the know, I have only two sibs and they are identical twins.) I have not given up on my Louisiana novel though. Those characters are starting to live in my brain.

The pattern? I just had to share. This has got to be the penultimate 80s pattern. It's got almost everything--knit fabric, ruffles, bias, the big hair and Brooke Shields. The only thing it hasn't got is the big shoulder pads but I don't think they'd work with this outfit. This makes it penultimate rather than ultimate. What a hoot! So many patterns I've got are bland and I just shove them in a box not knowing what to do with them. But the wowza patterns like this I have to put out there in the marketplace.

Tomorrow I promise I'll share the story of Michael helping me fit a pattern last night. I hope I can make you laugh because it was truly funny.

No comments: