Monday, January 4, 2010

The pattern that was only listed for an hour

So I bought all these patterns. For a hundred bucks! Up to now, I've just been selling patterns I already owned or that I was given. But I broke down and bought a stash. And I'm not sure it was a good investment. But I did post one pattern today from that stash and it was in terrible shape. The envelope was unbelievably tatty and had a water stain on it. But here is why it sold in less than an hour:



Is that too darn cute or what? It's from the late 50s or early 60s. It's really hard to sell patterns instead of hoarding them. I can think of a couple of little girls who would have really looked cute in this. But luckily, their mommies both sew for them.

So I've made back 7.00 from my investment. Only 93 dollars to go before I start showing a profit. Ah, me!

No comments: