Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Branching Out


I noticed that my little Peach had opened up another Puking Pastilles shop. (The photo is from Christmas visit to the Reading Market in Philly--Maybe there's a puking pastille in there somewhere). I guess great minds think alike. I opened an Ecrater store yesterday. There's not much in it and I have no idea how you get people to visit it, but the price is right (free!). I'll give it a try. If you want to see my really pitiful efforts at creating a banner, you can visit it at Coconut Pie.

In other news, I am making progress on my middle grade novel. My little hero is a real trooper. I've decided to make one of the characters in the book a seamstress. It was a pretty common profession for a single woman in the 50s. They didn't have a lot of options. That way all this time I'm spending with patterns these days isn't wasted.

I mailed off "the dress" to my girl in Czech today. This is the pattern I had made for her when she was a little girl. It had triangle pockets and rickrack trim. Adorable. I made tons of dresses for girls but this one was my favorite. I think it came out well, but no photos today as it might be used as a birthday present. I'll post a photo when I get the go-ahead from the Czech Republic.

Photo copyright: Michael Denney

No comments: