Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Back home

I'm back home arriving one week and a day later than planned. I spent most of my birthday yesterday in planes and airports. The couple we invited over for Thanksgiving dinner has had to punt and we will be joining them at a Thanksgiving dinner at church. I'll be making ten pounds of mashed potatoes. Not exactly what I had planned but that's okay. My mom is back at home and doing well and that's the most important thing.

Thanksgiving is a great time to send out a few thank yous. I must say thank you to Michael, my parents and my children for knowing me so well that they all gave me perfect presents this year. And to my brothers, I also say thank you for all the support, love and laughs this week. I can't imagine being an only child after this experience. We needed each other and our parents needed each of us.

An amazing surprise was all the birthday wishes from my students and friends on Facebook. I appreciate all those thoughts as well.

Michael and I both knew that this move would mean that I would need to return to Shreveport often and so it has worked out. As I'm watching snow fly past my window, it's hard to believe that I was where the camellias are blooming just yesterday. But as lovely as all those 70 degree sunshiny days and gorgeous flowers were, this is now home and I'm glad to be back.

No comments: