Thursday, November 13, 2008

What are the chances?

I called one of my doctor's offices in Denton for some medical records two days ago and the nice lady I talked to was from Wilkes-Barre. She wanted to be here since her sister was due any day. I wanted to be there since my mom has been in the hospital. What were the chances of talking to her that day?

Aren't human beings always like this? Wanting to be somewhere else, wishing they had more of this or less of that, worrying about things they can't do anything about? Unsatisfied would just about describe most people on most days.

But not being satisfied with the status quo is responsible for who knows how many scientific discoveries, social improvements and great works of art. Wishin' and hopin', thinkin' and prayin', plannin' and dreamin' are all important parts of life. But Dionne Warwick is right, you gotta go ahead and live in the present. If this move taught me anything, it's that the more you appreciate the "now" the happier you'll be.

No comments: