Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


This is what sixty years of happy marriage look like. This is a picture of my folks just days before their sixtieth wedding anniversary.

Since I arrived only one day before Thanksgiving, I didn't try to put on a whole Thanksgiving dinner. We went to a potluck at church instead. What with cool Hispanic music and a turkey named Steve, we had a wonderful time. I took ten pounds of mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. We even got to take home leftovers. I spent all day yesterday decorating. It's just the two of us but discipline must be maintained. The tree is up and we have a bay window to put it in and for the first time ever, I have a banister to decorate. It looks nice, I think. We spent a cozy evening last night. Michael set up his train around the tree and then we watched one of our old favorites, Bachelor Mother, with David Niven and Ginger Rogers. Pretty nice. Both Christmas movies we have watched so far were set in New York City. We keep looking at ourselves saying, "We could go there and see Radio City Music Hall, Gimbel's, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, etc." I hope we get the chance. If not this year, then maybe next. It's totally weird living so close to those mythic places.

No comments: