Friday, November 7, 2008

Lack O'Sun counties

The county next to mine is called Lackawanna. Scranton (of election fame) is in Lackawanna county and I am in Luzerne. Right now both counties could be called Lack O'Sun. I'm having a little problem with depression right now. It's mild and I hope it's temporary. Even though I am not feeling totally blue, I am incapacitated in many ways. Just can't seem to make myself do anything. Laundry and kitchen chores I seem to be able to manage but forget anything really creative or demanding at the moment. The lack of sunshine could have something to do with it. I almost saw the sun this morning. It was behind a cloud. I knew the cloudiness up here might present a problem for me but I didn't expect it this soon.

I'm considering buying a light box--the kind they invented for those poor people in the Northwest for their SAD disorder. Don't know if it would help or not, but it might be worth a try. If you've never suffered from a depression that comes on for no apparent reason (or for a reason so small it's ridiculous), I envy you.

No comments: