Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm back

I'm back. And today I've had one of those whopper migraines so I will definitely post more later. As for the election, my state was divided, my family was divided and my feelings were divided. I couldn't fully support either candidate. I did feel for the first time in my life that either candidate would have made a good president. That says something good about our country, I think.

I was in three states yesterday and it was impressive to see how people were glued to televisions at all the airports. (Including airport personnel. I'm not sure how much work got done yesterday in airports, but they didn't lose my bag which is really something considering my past record.) I was also impressed by how many "I Voted" stickers I saw. So many people I talked to had voted absentee or voted early so that they wouldn't miss out on their chance to vote even though they were traveling on election day. It was an amazing experience to witness several different parts of the country and see how much Americans care, no matter where they come from.

No comments: