Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Cemetery, Etsy and my maple tree




First my maple tree. It's enormous. You cannot even see my house. I'm approaching it from the back. But because of the weird fall, it did not turn red this year. So I guess we get variety. This year it turned yellow. In fact, most of the trees turned yellow this year. The exception is always the burning bush which is more hot pink than red in some varieties.

Second, the cemetery is Fern Knoll in Dallas. It's five minutes from my house. I have over fifty relatives buried here. It is quite gorgeous to walk through the Pennsylvania cemeteries in the fall. I'm going to have to take a yearly pilgrimage. I realized after the fact that I could have brought my GPS and marked the exact spot of the graves in all the cemeteries we visited. That would avoid a lot of tromping around.

Lastly, I have opened my own Etsy shop. My two daughters, N and G, have shops and they create things. But I'm just selling off the patterns I inherited. I had no idea what would happen when I cranked it up. I posted nine patterns last night and by this morning I had sold three. One was so hot that two people wanted it.

Who buys a pattern at 2:30 AM? (Well, it was a California sale so it was only 12:30PM for them.) But still... And one sale gets shippped to Spain. How exciting is that? If I can't go, at least my pattern can. I'll let you know how it goes. Just go to the Etsy website (www.etsy.com) and search sellers. My name is CoconutPie. If I were not so tired I'd have a link here. Ah well!

No comments: