Thursday, October 29, 2009

Sore Muscles




I know you're probably tired of cemetery pictures but I tried to make these more interesting. I went to Fern Knoll where my grandparents are buried. It was a beautiful misty day. I had stopped off at the hardware store for a trowel (our old one is in a box somewhere) and a kneeling pad. I also took gardening gloves, a bucket, a black plastic garbage bag, an umbrella since it was threatening rain, and, of course, my camera. My goal was to uncover my grandmother's marker. I started with my grandfather since I could actually see part of his name. The picture shows just how much stuff I took off of it. My muscles are so sore! The stuff on the markers wasn't dirt. It was pine straw and hemlock needles which has turned into a kind of peat. I could actually roll it off the marker like carpet. I also did my grandmother's and four more. Hence, the soreness. I was using some muscles that needed a workout, I guess.

I've been talking about my cousin, J, and here she is. I feel bad I didn't have Michael take a picture of both of us together. She's standing in Shawnee Cemetery in Tamaqua.

Otherwise, a very dear friend in Denton, K, let me know yesterday that her dissertation was accepted and she's now a PhD. Hooray! And my Etsy shop is going great.

1 comment:

Georgia and David said...

that's amazing! Maybe I can send this in to new familysearch and get some things fixed!