Friday, September 26, 2008

Bought a car


We knew we would need something more than two Miatas for the winter which is on its way. We never buy new so Michael did his research and decided exactly what we needed. So we bought a cute 1998 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport this week. It has all-wheel drive and will serve us well as we slosh through snow and ice. Now I can drive a car that's only ten years old. My Miata is a 1990 so figure that one out. Usually Michael is the car buyer but he's been way too busy and so I was given the assignment of finding us a car. A tender mercy allowed me to find a one-owner car in great shape with low mileage five minutes from our home. We were looking at a 200 mile radius as Michael was very specific about what model, year and mileage he wanted. I like it a lot and took it out on its first trip yesterday to the grocery store. They were having a sale on canned vegetables and so I stocked up! It's a hatchback and the trunk area in the back is huge! I didn't begin to fill it up. I was sad just for a moment as I rolled the grocery cart up to the car with a huge amount of groceries. It took me right back to days with our Colt Vista. I realized that the thing missing with our new car was four cute children in car seats. If I live to be a hundred and three I will never stop missing my kids.

1 comment:

Georgia and David said...

Hey, that's practically right off the new car lot, considering! I just opened joseph's box (dont know why I didn't before) and he is going to LOVE it! Now he doesn't have to wear the very tired SuperWHY! costume for Halloween:)