Monday, September 8, 2008

Um, like the weather is so, like, beautiful

Omigosh, it is so, like, beautiful here. Sorry, I did a reading marathon of The Princess Diaries books and it's hard to speak like a normal human. Those books are a lot edgier and funnier than the movies. (Not to say that I don't like the movie because I like just about anything with Julie Andrews.) I almost remember what it was like to be in high school although that was a thousand years ago. I'm trying to get more into the mode of how a younger person talks so that I can finish this novel I'm working on.

The weather is quite unbelievably gorgeous which seems sorry since half the world seems to be flooded or blown away at the moment. And better yet on the air quality topic, a restaurant and public place smoking ban goes into effect in Pennsylvania in just two days! Something I am really looking forward to and that Texas so needs.

Living in PA right now is so fascinating because we're a big state which could go either way and amazingly, with a pop of 250,000, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton corridor is a sizeable population center. Evidently, lots of Pennsylvanians live in small towns and not big cities. Clinton and Obama made visits here before the primaries (on the same day, no less). And Obama just dropped by in a local diner down the road the other day and had banana cream pie. The local rag was impressed that he asked for a to go box. The Republicans will also make their way here I am sure. If the opportunity arises, I should go out and see one of the candidates if they make another public appearance. The last presidential candidate I saw in person was Goldwater for pity's sake at the Shreveport airport. And who remembers AuH2O these days?

No comments: