Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rain Check

The Times-Leader, the local newspaper my grandfather worked for when my dad was a boy, offers garage and yard sale ads with a rain check guarantee. If your garage sale or yard sale is rained out, they'll give you another ad for another weekend. Michael and I have mused about what you would do for an outdoor wedding here. You could invite people from the hours of 10-4, whenever it wasn't raining, for the ceremony. Seriously, it rains a lot here. But it almost never rains all day. So even though the weather channel depressed me before I got here, since every day was listed as partly cloudy, in fact, there are some good moments in almost every day here and the weather is much brighter and sunnier than I thought it would be.

I kept G, a 2-year-old from my church congregation, today while her mother started a new job as preschool teacher. G will go to mother's day out in a few weeks, but I am covering the interim on Tuesdays and Thursdays. G nearly laughed herself silly over the hedgehog puppet I have. Everything the hedgehog did (clap hands, sniff, hide his eyes with his hands), she did. It was great.

I also did online shopping for grandsons and a son-in-law. I found some wonderful things. I hope they like using them as much as I enjoyed buying them.

No comments: