Saturday, September 13, 2008

I don't like Ike

It was very frustrating sitting here in Pennsylvania and watching hurricanes storm through the neighborhoods of tons of our family members and friends. Michael's sister and nephew and their families got the worst of it in Houston. They are safe but his sister lost trees and had water coming into the house in three places. Then there's Michael's aunt who lives in Baytown. We haven't heard how her house fared. We heard from his other sister in Marshall earlier today as they were waiting for the storm but I'm thinking they're okay as are my parents in Shreveport since I haven't seen anything in the news about those areas. My son is in Denton so he also was potentially in the path of the storm but it wasn't bad there. And my brother in Rockwall was closer to the center of the storm. His two kids live in that area too. My daughter was on the outside edges in Round Rock and her husband was sitting out the storm with his helicopter in Mississippi. I haven't heard how my cousin did who lives in Sulphur and Michael's niece is worried about the huge sweet potato farm her in-laws and husband own and run in South Louisiana. Who knows how that did? To top it off, my other brother and his son and family had to deal with Gustav in Baton Rouge a few weeks ago. I guess I didn't realize how much of my family is concentrated in those two states. No wonder I hated to leave! Our roots go deep in those two states. I'm hoping that our extended families managed to get through this without too many problems.

No comments: