Wednesday, January 21, 2009

As Promised






As promised, here are some pictures of Mom and Dad's new apartment. The first picture is of Mom with her decorator, S. She is my brother's fiancee and she did an amazing amount of work getting furniture arranged and the apartment decorated. The other two pix are self-explanatory. It is a beautiful place and I am willing to bet the best decorated apartment at the retirement village where they live.


On the home front in PA, the temp outside is 19. Consider that it was 70 when I left Texas. Needless to say, since I am on antibiotics again for this cough I can't shake, I'm at home and staying put. The piano tuner is doing his magic right now and so this afternoon I can have a private jam session. (Is it a jam session with only one person? I doubt it.) I spent yesterday bopping from one web feed to another watching the inauguration. It was a good way to spend a sick day. Judging by President Obama's dancing last night, I predict that he will become one of our most popular presidents ever. Signed, sealed, delivered, he's ours.

Years ago when we lived in Iowa, we would stock up on Bis-Kits and other foodstuffs we couldn't get up there. Once we even took frozen blocks of fresh shrimp. Now it's my turn again. I brought home suitcases full of foodstuffs from Texas and LA: Corn-Kits, Bis-Kits, instant roux, dried ancho peppers, etc. Also, N. thoughtfully gave me three boxes of fluffy white icing mix. I can't find it here. I'm hoping to make shrimp gumbo this evening if I feel up to it. Shrimps and rice, very nice.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!