Thursday, January 8, 2009

Packing

I have no idea why it takes me so long to pack for a trip. Michael can do it in an hour. It takes me hours and hours. This trip will be lengthy so I'll check a bag and hope that I see it again. It will be really cold here when I leave but fairly mild in Texas and Louisiana. I'm wearing my coat to the airport then leaving it in the car for Michael to bring back to me when I return. This will prevent leaving it behind the way I do in Utah. Last night I was shoveling the driveway again. This time it wasn't fluffy snow but sleety ice. Michael bought an amazing snow shovel that practically does the job for you though. It's like pushing a baby stroller.

I'm also off to the post office to mail V's birthday present. It won't wait for me to return to PA. Nor will any of the bills so I have that fun job today as well. And, of course, I need to go to CVS. I don't know how I lived without our employee discount!

I will miss Michael but I am looking forward to some warmer weather and some barbecue and Mexican food. It will be fun helping my folks get settled into their new apartment as well. I love organizing kitchens and closets. Michael gets irritated as I will often redo my cabinets and then he doesn't know where to look for things.

No comments: