Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Anniversary to us!




Today was our first anniversary in PA but our 38th all told. We celebrated with lunch at Kazimi's, a wonderful Mediterranean and Middle Eastern restaurant. Michael had shrimp shish kebob and I had broiled crabcake. Extremely delicious. We both had a dessert I'd had there the only other time we've been. They bake you your own small round banana cake and then top it with caramelized bananas (sort of like creme brulee topping on banana slices--weird but wonderful) then add a huge scoop of the most amazing butter pecan ice cream I've ever had. You have to wait 12 minutes or so for them to bake the cake but to eat it fresh hot out of the oven topped with the fruit and ice cream is amazing! Michael outdid himself on presents this year but I will wait for tomorrow to post about that as I haven't taken pictures of them yet. The executive admin at Michael's work made the card based on my interests. We love talking to her as she's French Canadian. Her husband is a hockey ref. How cool is that? The snow is today's allotment. For those of you who have been to my house in PA, you know there are slate ledges along the side of the house. Good luck finding them today.

2 comments:

Georgia and David said...

congrats on *gasp* 38 years!

Morgan said...

Happy Anniversary!! Thanks for getting married.