Monday, January 5, 2009

Should Auld Acquaintance Be Forgot?















My M posted a picture of her baby girl today. I can't (of course) lay my hands on the picture of her at about the same age, but I think this photo will give you some sort of a clue as to how much they look alike. M was a few months older here and had slimmed down a lot (not kidding.) Sometimes people change so much that we have to go back and remember those folks almost as strangers. Baby M certainly was different back in the day, but just as thweet. Check out her blog and see if there's as much resemblance as I think there is.

The other photo is of two really skinny people who decided it was a good idea to get married in January of 1971 in spite of his being drafted during the Vietnam War. We're coming up on our 38th wedding anniversary this month. This photo was taken at our rehearsal dinner. So it's interesting to think of us being not married in this photo. That takes some real imagination. Dear Abby posted letters this past month about getting married young and whether it was a mistake or not. I was shocked to find that those folks got married at about the same age we did. I didn't feel like I was that young. I had my college degree for Pete's sake! I do know that marrying Michael was the best decision I ever made. Plus, there have been some incredible benefits. Baby M, for one.

5 comments:

Morgan said...

I think she (E) is mine. Definite resemblance -- thanks for posting the pic!

Georgia and David said...

I thought that was E. haha! Wow, you guys were hotties!

Susan said...

What do you mean, were?

Mom said...

Susan, David and I have a picture much like yours only ours is from 1975. I got your Hi from Becca's blog and thought I'd answer aince I qualify as an Auld Acquaintance or something. Thanks for the Christmas update. We've been busy around here and are far from Pennsylvania but you are in our thoughts. When's your next trip to see Morgan?

Susan said...

Thanks for the comment, J. We're hoping to go see Morgan's family and new baby in April.